Finding the right job and building a successful career is of utmost importance if you want to succeed in the professional world. And to achieve such success, no effort is too much.
With the expansion of the internet, the web has become an important job search tool that can streamline the process of finding a good job. Here's how -
1) Almost Every Company Today Has A Web Presence - Create a list of Companies you would like to work for and visit their websites to find their Career Page which will list down the kind of jobs they are currently offering. Follow the procedure mentioned to apply (filling out a form or email your resume and follow up by calling up) for positions that match your skills, education and expertise.
2) Job Sites Are Updated Daily With New Jobs & Vacancies Across All Industries - Their are numerous job websites that offer listings of latest Jobs and Career Opportunities with small, medium and large Companies. Visit websites like www.naukri.com or any other job portal site and subscribe to their Job newsletters so that jobs are delivered to your inbox every week.
Spend some time in creating a web friendly Resume / CV that can be easily accessed online.
Some of the most common resume formats include :
- Word document Resumes: created and saved as a word file. Such CV's can be sent as an attachment to your email.
- Text CV: is kept simple and sometimes copy pasted directly into the body of an email.
- Web CV: is a relatively new format now immensely popular with web savvy job seekers. Such resumes can be either hosted on job websites or presented in the format of a personal website and accessed online.
- PDF Format: Such a CV is saved in the PDF format ie, Portable Document Format.
Read the job advertisement carefully and apply accordingly based on the requirements of the employer. Optimize your resume and give it a professional look.
It is advisable to leave no stones unturned in your pursuit of finding the right job. Use all job search techniques in tandem with each other so that one complements the other.