Irrespective of the structure or format of the appraisal and review system, an employee could adopt the following simple but effective ways to make a good impression:
- Be truthful and objective while answering all the questions.
- Back your achievements with supporting material and documents.
- Always keep a record of the assignments, projects and activities undertaken by you throughout the year.
- Do a self-analysis and review of your work.
- Prepare before the appraisal interview and decide on the key achievements and points that you would like to discuss or questions you want to ask.
- Always remember that the aim of the appraisal and review is to assess your performance. You need to learn from both your successes and failures to steer yourself forwards on the growth path.